Pregnancy and birth classes in Northampton & Greenfield Mass.
Bellyfull Birth’s classes, events, and workshops cover a variety of topics and are a fun affordable way to learn about prenatal care, pregnancy and birth, as well as to share your experience and connect with other new families in Western MA. I offer small group independent childbirth education series in Northampton and Greenfield MA, and low-cost classes as well. I can sometimes offer private childbirth classes too. Keep in touch to be notified of new events.
Small group childbirth education series
The Science & Soul of Birth: Evidence-based care for heartfelt people
Looking for an evidence-based pregnancy and childbirth class that is also heartfelt and supportive? You've found it. This 12 hour class emphasizes knowledge-building and informed decision making, while leaving plenty of time to connect with other families and discuss the emotional changes you'll encounter as your family grows. This class, taught by a childbirth educator and professional doula, will help you discover the science and the soul of birth as you learn about all the options available to you.
- Find freedom of choice based on knowledge of alternatives
- Get up to date on the newest research on normal labor and birth
- Learn about how your body changes in pregnancy and supports your growing baby
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of labor, and what it feels like to labor and birth a baby
- Practice comfort measures and coping techniques with an educator who is also a professional doula
- Become familiar with common birth interventions and challenges
- Face your fears on cesarean, induction, and coping with labor pain
- Prepare for growing your family when you bring your baby home and breastfeeding
- $135. Registration is required!
- 20% Mass Health discount.
- Most insurance companies will reimburse you for most or all of the cost of a childbirth class!
Greenfield MA birth classes at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in 2015:
- Mar. 9, Mar. 16, Mar. 23, Mar. 30, Apr. 6, 6-8:30pm
- Apr. 27, May 4, May 11, May 18, May 25, 6-8:30pm
- June 8, June 15, June 22, June 29, July 6, 6-8:30pm
- Sept. 14, Sept. 21, Sept. 29, Oct. 5, Oct. 12. 6-8:30pm
- Nov. 16, Nov. 23, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, Dec. 14, 6pm-8:30
Growing your family? If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.
In this 1 hour workshop taught by two doulas, we will discuss a broad range of common birth options. We’ll show you how to find credible information and make informed decisions about your family’s well-being, from prenatal care to parenting choices.
Whether you’re 10 weeks pregnant, due any day now, or trying to conceive, you’ll leave with resources to guide you in navigating all your options. Know your choices, find your voice.
- This class is only $10 if you register in advance!
- $15 for walk-in registration at the class
- Special price for birth professionals
2015 dates & locations:
2/19, 6-7:30pm, the Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield MA
3/8, 8-9:30pm Eastern, New Online class!
3/26, 6-7:30pm, Cooley Dickinson Midwifery, Northampton MA
More classes to be announced