Pregnancy and birth classes in Western MA & Southern VT
Bellyfull Birth’s classes, events, and workshops cover a variety of topics and are a fun affordable way to learn about prenatal care, pregnancy, birth, share your experience, and connect with other new families. I offer free classes as well as childbirth education series, both in group classes and private in-home classes. Keep in touch to be notified of new events.
Growing your family? If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.
In this FREE 1 hour workshop taught by two doulas, we will discuss a broad range of common birth options. We’ll show you how to find credible information and make informed decisions about your family’s well-being, from prenatal care to parenting choices.
Whether you’re 10 weeks pregnant, due any day now, or trying to conceive, you’ll leave with resources to guide you in navigating all your options. Know your choices, find your voice.
Group childbirth education series
The Science & Soul of Birth: Evidence-based care for heartfelt people
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm on five consecutive Thursdays: July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, August 8
- Class meets at Grow in Northampton (3rd floor of Thornes Market)
- $135. Registration is required. Contact me or Grow (413.341.5282) to register or for more information.
- 20% Mass Health discount. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for most or all of the cost of a childbirth education class!
Looking for an evidence-based pregnancy and childbirth class that is also heartfelt and supportive? You've found it. This 12 hour class emphasizes knowledge-building and informed decision making, while leaving plenty of time to connect with other families and discuss the emotional changes you'll encounter as your family grows. This class, taught by a childbirth educator and professional doula, will help you discover the science and the soul of birth as you learn about all the options available to you.
- Find freedom of choice based on knowledge of alternatives
- Get up to date on the newest research on normal labor and birth
- Learn about how your body changes in pregnancy and supports your growing baby
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of labor, and what it feels like to labor and birth a baby
- Practice comfort measures and coping techniques with an educator who is also a professional doula
- Become familiar with common birth interventions and challenges
- Face your fears on cesarean, induction, and coping with labor pain
- Prepare for growing your family when you bring your baby home and breastfeeding
Private in-home classes
Independent childbirth education tailored to your needs and schedule
Private classes are perfect for families with busy schedules! They also work well for those who value their privacy, who have specific health or other concerns, or who have had other children and are looking for a refresher class. I adapt my curriculum to your needs, focusing on the aspects of labor and delivery that most interest you. We meet in your home for one or two 3 hour sessions in the evening or on weekends. Contact me to learn more.