Pregnancy and birth classes in Northampton & Greenfield Mass.
Bellyfull Birth’s classes, events, and workshops cover a variety of topics and are a fun affordable way to learn about prenatal care, pregnancy, birth, share your experience, and connect with other new families in Western MA. I offer childbirth education series in Northampton and Greenfield MA, both in group classes and private in-home classes, and free classes as well. Keep in touch to be notified of new events.
Group childbirth education series
The Science & Soul of Birth: Evidence-based care for heartfelt people
- $135. Registration is required.
- 20% Mass Health discount. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for most or all of the cost of a childbirth education class!
- Need-based discounts available.
- Contact me to register.
2014 Greenfield MA birth classes:
- 6pm - 8:30pm at Baystate Franklin Medical Center
- Early summer series: June 2, June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30
- Fall series: Sept. 29, Oct. 6, Oct. 20, Oct. 27, Nov. 3
- REGISTER HERE!
Looking for an evidence-based pregnancy and childbirth class that is also heartfelt and supportive? You've found it. This 12 hour class emphasizes knowledge-building and informed decision making, while leaving plenty of time to connect with other families and discuss the emotional changes you'll encounter as your family grows. This class, taught by a childbirth educator and professional doula, will help you discover the science and the soul of birth as you learn about all the options available to you.
- Find freedom of choice based on knowledge of alternatives
- Get up to date on the newest research on normal labor and birth
- Learn about how your body changes in pregnancy and supports your growing baby
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of labor, and what it feels like to labor and birth a baby
- Practice comfort measures and coping techniques with an educator who is also a professional doula
- Become familiar with common birth interventions and challenges
- Face your fears on cesarean, induction, and coping with labor pain
- Prepare for growing your family when you bring your baby home and breastfeeding
Birth Options: Know your choices. Find your voice.
This class is free. Contact me for more information.
- Wednesday, April 9 at 6:30pm at The Birthplace at Baystate Franklin Medical Center (3rd floor classroom)
- Thursday, May 22 at 6:30pm at Grow in Northampton (3rd floor of Thornes)
- Want us to come to your town?
Growing your family? If you don’t know your options, you don’t have any.
In this FREE 1 hour workshop taught by two doulas, we will discuss a broad range of common birth options. We’ll show you how to find credible information and make informed decisions about your family’s well-being, from prenatal care to parenting choices.
Whether you’re 10 weeks pregnant, due any day now, or trying to conceive, you’ll leave with resources to guide you in navigating all your options. Know your choices, find your voice.
Independent childbirth education tailored to your needs and schedule
Private classes are perfect for families with busy schedules! They also work well for those who value their privacy, who have specific health or other concerns, or who have had other children and are looking for a refresher class. I adapt my curriculum to your needs, focusing on the aspects of labor and delivery that most interest you. We meet in your home for one or two 3 hour sessions in the evening or on weekends. Contact me to learn more.